Thursday, March 11, 2010

Processing the News

Ok, so we're #21, and that's exciting. The news that we're processing now is that we learned that all families adopting from Ethiopia will need to travel twice. We will have to travel the first time to go before the Ethiopian court. The good news is that we'll be able to see our little guy and spend time with him in the orphanage, but we will not be able to take him out of the orphanage. Then, we'll have to get on a plane to return home without him, but then get on a plane to Ethiopia to bring him home.
I'm trying to see this as a positive thing. I guess you get prepared for this one journey, and then it changes along the way. I know God is in control. His ways are so much better than our own. Honestly, I'm contemplating if it would be a good idea to stay in Ethiopia during those few weeks. I don't know if this is even do-able financially for us. I'm asking for your prayers. Pray not only for us, but the many other families who are learning of the news. Also, please pray for TJ's safe arrival home and for his health.
Thanks so much for all of your love and support.

No comments:

Post a Comment