Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Reality

Thanks to our awesome neighbors, Jamie and Robert, we now have a crib and a dresser/changing table in the baby's room and ready to go! This morning as I lay in bed, again I was overcome with emotion for what our baby's birth mom may be feeling at this very moment. I prayed again that the Holy Spirit would bring her peace and comfort, because there is a family right here that is going to love him/her like crazy. We're here, we're preparing, we'll be ready.
Steve and I had an interesting thought the other night: what if first time parents went through the preparation and education that adoptive parents experienced? I don't know if that could ever be a possibility, but the truth is that if all parents prepared the way adoptive parents did, they would definitely have a glimpse of what true parenthood is about. It's about unconditional love, communication, commitment, sacrifice, and the unknown.
Thinking back to how we prepared for Alex, I see the similarities and differences that exist between the two experiences. I just feel so honored and blessed to have this unique experience. I love this child already; this I know for sure. This is reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment